Running safely and happily
In the interest of promoting a supportive, enjoyable and safe running experience for everyone, we encourage good runners’ etiquette at all times.
- All runners must take personal responsibility for their own safety.
- Please listen to the leaders instructions.
- Please keep a watchful eye on the runners in your group to ensure no one is left behind.
- When running in the dark please make yourself visible at all times by wearing high viz reflective clothing.
- When running in daylight please make yourself visible by wearing brightly coloured clothing.
- Be aware of the weather conditions – dress and hydrate accordingly.
- Take care when crossing roads and driveways.
- If you need or want to leave the group before the end of the run you must tell the Leader first.
- Run against traffic if running on the road.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Don’t assume the runner in front of you has checked the road crossing is clear. Make your own checks before crossing.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road or pavement.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are running across a road.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a bin, carry your litter home.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your Lady Runners experience, please do contact us with your feedback as we are always keen to improve what we do.